Internal Auditor - Risk & Assurance
- Significant Financial Institution - Great Culture and Benefits
- CBD Location - Close To Public Transport
- Multiple Opportunities Available
- Melbourne > CBD & Inner Suburbs
About the Role
As part of the internal auditing team of consumer banking this opportunity exists to conduct all risk, compliance and advisory aspects across the organisation's banking divisions.
As the ideal candidate you will be a seasoned, highly skilled and proactive individual with experience in a similar auditing assignment at a previous financial institution or accounting firm. You will be well versed in effective auditing, banking processes, accounting, knowledge of financial assurance & compliance, prioritising, stakeholder engagement and managing multiple projects.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Conducting investigation, analysis and assessment of risk across the consumer banking division.
- Implementation of strategies and processes which mitigate threats to the successful delivery of the organisation's strategy, business plans, and desired outcomes.
- Identify and detect potential threats to organisation, it's customers, financial sustainability, operational efficiency and safety.
- Oversee regular risk assessments and preparation of all documentation related to risk assessment, and reviews of standard operating procedures
- Plan and project manage delivery of audits within agreed resources and time
- Working with multiple risk projects and teams
- Reporting tailored to relevant stakeholders as well as holding regular meetings
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Prior experience in a similar auditing assignment with a financial or accounting organisation
- Risk and auditing analysis of assurance and compliance in financial matters
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and ability to practice Agile methodologies
- Proven ability in problem solving
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting or business management (i.e. CA / CPA / CISA /CIA).
About the Company
This significant financial institution is one of the largest banks in Australia. With 30 thousand staff serving over 10 million customers across the country and around the world in personal and commercial finance matters. They also support some of the most important communities such as schools and hospitals. They highly value their staff as much as their customers, with a new age culture and attractive benefits.
The remuneration package will be in line with the successful candidate's demonstrated experience, knowledge and skills. Additionally there are included staff benefits, such as banking and club discounts, as well as superannuation, health & well-being, leave and childcare benefits.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Benjamin Wootton on 03 9864 6000.
To view all Bayside Personnel job opportunities visit www.baysidepersonnel.com.au