Agency Grade G Engineer - Power Supply
- Large OEM
- Leading Automotive Brand
- Northern Suburb Location
- Melbourne > Northern Suburbs
- Coordination/Project Management of Power Supply Systems and testing activities for APA programs
- Act as the key APA link representing Energy Management & Power Supply Systems focusing on interface systems including establishments of standards, system architecture selection, EPAS sizing, and load Balance sizing.
- Support/liaise with internal Ford departments in APA, FNA & FoE, Suppliers and external manufacturing teams.
- Physically test and evaluate system performance to targets and support greater Power Supply team with attribute testing (including power supply sizing, Battery Monitoring Systems, Smart Regen Charging, Load Management and Stop-Start applications)
- Lead and Co-ordinate Power Supply Systems Meetings and other required forums to ensure cascade and delivery of requirements to Ford Global Product Development System Milestones (key deliverables include; performance targets, cost, timing and manufacturing feasibility)
- Participate and contribute to TVM activity for consolidation of Power Supply and cost reduction opportunities.
- Contribute to Power Supply team development through active learning and sharing of knowledge through regular team reviews/training.
- Development of Power Supply Components with suppliers (Batteries, Battery Monitor Sensors, Starter Motors, Alternators), including design and process verification tests for vehicle program deliverables.
- Testing and sign-off Power Supply Systems;
- Interface with all related areas to assure robustness of electrical Power Supply Systems;
- Alignment with Core Team about Technical Specifications and Requirements to attend customer and regulatory requirements.
- Attend vehicle attributes in order to assure Best in Class vehicle products.
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle tests validation
- Good knowledge of global vehicle development procedure
- Good knowledge of design principles for vehicle design
- Experience with auto program launches.
- Able to work independently without close supervision.
- Process driven with experience creating new and aligning processes.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Ford's Automotive power supply commodity globally.
- Knowledge of CANAlyser ,ATI Vision, Diagnostic Engineering Tool software.
- Minimum 9 years' experience as an automotive power supply engineer.
Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering or similar
Salary Range $80k - $100k
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Dennis Anderson on 03 9864 6000.
To view all automotive job opportunities, visit www.baysidegroupautomotive.com.au