Crash Test Engineer
- 12 months contract
- Work for a global mobility company
- Geelong location
- Regional VIC > Geelong & Great Ocean Road
Bayside has been a recruitment partner with Ford for over 15 years. We are currently seeking an experienced and self-motivated Crash Test Engineer for a contract role within Ford's Product Development team based in Geelong.
In this role you will be working in a dynamic global environment managing the testing and validation of vehicle occupant protection and structural body systems. You will be part of a team that is responsible for the test validation, development of program test plans, and completion of gateway deliverables on time and with quality.
- Conduct component and system Design Verification Testing in support of forward model program delivery
- Design & develop test fixtures and liaise with technicians to construct the test fixtures
- Liaise with prototype build team to ensure on time and accurate delivery of test bucks, parts and consumables.
- Support the program management team in meeting testing targets and gateways
- Liaise with design teams in ensuring correct testing methods are used
- Participate in cross-functional team for issue resolution and re-test
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or in a related field
- Minimum 5 years' relevant industry experience
- Crash testing experience desired but not essential
- Strong desire to deliver results in a testing environment
- Customer Focus
- Excellent communication, project and time management skills
- Ability to determine the appropriate test methodology in particular instances
- Facility scheduling & planning skills
- Understanding systems engineering and the role of validation in the development process
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the business including management and technicians
- Ability to multitask in a diverse range of activities.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Wen Shan on 03 9864 6000.
To view all automotive job opportunities, visit www.baysidegroupautomotive.com.au