- Large Automotive OEM Company
- Opportunities to Grow with the Company
- Inner Suburbs
- Melbourne > CBD & Inner Suburbs
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitable individual to join a leading Automotive OEM in the position of Development Engineer.
This role is heavily involved with design and development of parts and accessories that interface and integrate into vehicles or vehicle conversion. Given the critical nature of some products, this requires a good understanding of automotive systems (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic etc), in order to authoritatively judge suitability and a proficiency in the use of Computer Aided Design and Development.
The role interfaces with many cross-divisional groups and requires a thorough knowledge of vehicle and accessory development systems. Due to this and a strong reliance on external parties, a high degree of project coordination skill, preferably amassed through exposure, is essential.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent (as recognised by Australian Institute of Engineers)
- Project Management experience
- Minimum 4 years Design & Development Engineering experience in Automotive Industry
- Ability to interpret engineering documents and drawings for complex/critical parts
- Understanding of Automotive Systems (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic etc)
- Understanding of CAE principles and applications in Design Validation
- CAD capability - CATIA V5 (intermediate)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
On offer is a an opportunity to work with a leading OEM company with the potential to progress your career.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Aaron Williams on 03 9864 6000.
To view all automotive job opportunities, visit www.baysidegroupautomotive.com.au