Electrical Instrumentation Engineer (Gas Projects)
- Long Term Contract - Ongoing Project
- Oil and Gas Projects
- Melbourne > All Melbourne
This Oil and Gas Engineering Consultancy deliver smart, reliable and safe solutions through our deep industry knowledge and interconnected infrastructure. The engineer is accountable for the delivery of concept, front end and detailed engineering designs and associated support activities for new and upgrades to existing assets including pipelines, compressor stations, gas processing, gas storage and associate energy infrastructure.
Technical Competencies / Proficiencies
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering admitting to corporate membership of the Institution of Engineers, Australia or equivalent experience.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng).
- 7+ years of experience in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of gas transmission assets, which include pipelines, compressor stations, metering stations, SCADA communication system and LNG plant.
- Undertaking Concept and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) when required in order to evaluate and determine the optimum solution to take into detailed design phase.Responsabilities will include but not be restricted to the following:
- Telemetry & SCADA
- Earthing and Lightning Protection
- Flow Metering
- Flow data loggers / flow correctors / flow computers
- Instrumentation (e.g. pressure transmitters, limit switches, etc.)
- Electrical equipment
- Mains / Solar power supply design
- Gas chromatography
- Corrosion protection
- Hazardous Area Design & Classification
- Competent in the detailed engineering design of electrical, instrumentation and SCADA for gas networks and facilities to AS3000, AS60079, AS1768, AS4853 and other relevant standards.
- Provide operational electrical and instrumentation engineering support to Networks Division P&L BU's including investigations, reporting, engineering asset management of change , hazardous area compliance, RTU and control system programming.
- Program and commission SCADA equipment at gas facilities such as Compressor Stations, Gate Stations, Regulator Station, Demand Customers Meter Stations and at Networks fringe points as required.
- Setting up new and review of existing assets and preventative maintenance schedules relating to E&I and SCADA.
- Participate in SCADA after-hours standby roster when required.
- Participate in after-hours emergencies when required.
- Available for interstate travel from time to time.
Upon selection, the successful candidate will be highly engaged across on a variety of challenging projects. Competitive remuneration is on offer, which will be commensurate with demonstrated industry experience that is of value to our client. Apply today and take this great opportunity to work for a stable and reputable design consultancy that has a professional, forward thinking approach.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Paul Kohle on 03 9864 6000.
To view all Bayside Personnel job opportunities visit www.baysidepersonnel.com.au