Occupational Therapist - Disabilities/ NDIS
- Unique Temp to Perm opportunity
- Manage a varied caseload of patients including adults and children
- Provide specialist support to NDIS funded participants
- Melbourne > Eastern Suburbs
- Hourly Rate
About the Company
The client is a very long standing Not For Profit organisation that is a provider of Allied health and NDIS services and specialist disability support who have a strong history and set of values that are all based around providing the highest standard of care to the community.
The organisation has a very strong set of values around growth, equal opportunity, personal growth and leadership development.
About the Job
The role will involve the provision of therapy to the disability sector, focused around physical and complex intellectual disabilities to NDIS participants entirely aimed with the intent of helping participants to achieve full potential.
Many patients will present with challenges around behaviour, communication as well as others which means strong clinical reasoning skills, confidence and the ability to work independently will be essential.
The focus will be to promote the provision of service from a local base however in reality much of the intervention and assessment will need to take place in NDIS participants natural environments, therefore travel around the local community is to be expected.
Day to Day Duties
- Providing treatment, education and guidance to NDIS packaged participants
- Facilitating reviews, compiling regular reports and service reviews as required for the NDIS participants
- Work with a large network of clients and local health professionals
- Travelling between appointments and managing one's own time
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 3 years previous experience as on Occupational Therapist in a similar setting
- Current AHPRA
- Current Police Check
- Current Australian driver's license and own vehicle
- Eligibility to work and live in Australia
- Previous experience /understanding of the NDIS would be advantageous
- Real opportunity to grow into permanent position
- Mixed caseload
- Work in a small allied health team
- Fast growing and long standing organisation
- Position also open to experienced Grade 1, Yr 3 Occupational Therapist
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Harry Danilis on 03 9864 6001.
To view all Austra Health job opportunities visit www.austrahealth.com.au