Research & Development Manager
- Leading cosmetic and personal care company
- Full time opportunity with career progression
- Western Suburbs
- Melbourne > Western Suburbs
Our Client, a TGA licenced leading manufacturer and provider to the health and beauty industry, produces innovative and specialised products to the Australian market. Always looking to continuously improve and create competitive advantages, they seek to employ a dedicated and motivated individual who is looking to build a career, whilst remaining committed to strategic plans and core company values at all times.
With a focus on strategic innovation and successful commercialisation, there is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and passionate individual to coordinate and manage their Research & Development pipeline. This role is an integral part of the organisation, overseeing all facets of the development process, ensuring timelines, budgets, regulatory compliance, product quality and safety are maintained at all times, whilst still aligning with cross-functional teams and business objectives.
To be successful in the role you will be a true self-starter, capable of multi-tasking with a high level of attention to detail. Your technical skills will be exceptional, able to work closely with internal departments to ensure the flawless transition of projects from development stage to manufacturing. The energy and passion you have for the health and beauty industry will be infectious and you will be up-to-date with global insights and trends in the industry.
To be successful, you will also need to possess the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Chemistry, Formulation Science, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 8 - 10 years cosmetic chemist and R&D management experience
- Sound technical understanding of cosmetic, therapeutic and personal care products, their formulation and consumer trends in the marketplace.
- Able to reverse engineer existing market products
- Be process driven, adequately maintaining and monitoring the progress of product development projects, to provide accurate and up-to-date information to team members at any given time
- A working knowledge of TGA regulatory requirements
- Sound understanding of plant and process technologies particularly related to GMP.
- High level documentation skills, able to prepare product specifications and BOM's, finish goods MSDS and other regulatory documentation
- Have exceptional organisational and planning skills, capable of prioritising work requirements to meet deadlines and deliberate objectives
If you have a vision of becoming a major contributor to the growth and reputation of a leading Australian company, then this role is for you.
Please note all direct applications and agency submissions received by our client will be referred to Techstaff as the recruitment partner on this assignment.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Manisha Jadoo on 03 9864 6050.
To view all Techstaff job opportunities visit www.techstaff.com.au