Bayside Group is closely monitoring the ongoing development of the COVID-19 pandemic and offering our clients, workforce, candidates and employees as much support as possible during this challenging time.
Please be advised that we are assessing the progressing situation and adhering to government advice at a state and federal level.
Below you will find a range of information regarding the measures we are implementing during the ongoing health crisis, along with some tools and resources:
- General Information
- Job Seeker Information
- Workforce Information
- Client Information
It is important that our clients and workforce adhere to all Federal and State Government guidelines in relation to the pandemic, in order to reduce the risk of infection and keep everyone safe.
Melbourne Stage 4 Restrictions
Please note that those living or working in the Melbourne metro and Mitchell Shire areas have now entered Stage 4 Restrictions until further notice.Read more
This means that only permitted work sites are open, and you are required to wear a face covering when leaving home as an additional preventative measure. This applies when travelling to and from work, as well as at work. You can find out more about the recommendations from WHO about how to wear medical masks and fabric masks safely.
Please note that not obeying restrictions can lead to significant personal fines as well as company fines. All workers must have a Permitted Work Permit, and we will not be sending on-hired workers to company not permitted to open.
For all other recommended preventative measures, see below:
- Listen and adhere to government advice about wearing masks.
- Wash hands often with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- When in the office, avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily and disinfect your workstation regularly
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention - they will tell you what to do
- Continue healthy habits - exercise, drink water, eat well, get plenty of sleep, etc
- Don't wear a face mask if you are well
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Stay 1.5m away from others
Job Seeker Information
While there is less movement generally within the job market, there are still opportunities available for those seeking work. At this time, there are certain industries and sectors which are seeking to onboard new staff due to increasing demand of their services or products due to the coronavirus outbreak.Read more
The Victorian Government has issued Stage 4 Restrictions, which closes many businesses and means those working must have a Permitted Work Permit, which we need to issue. If you travel to work without this permit, you may be fined. Contact your Consultant to discuss restrictions and permit requirements.
The safety of our workforce and clients is of the utmost importance to us during this time, so we have introduced a number of protocols to manage workforce risk:Read more
- Don't go to work if you're unwell - get tested immediately and inform your Consultant.
- Any person returning to work must provide evidence that they have tested negative to Covid-19.
- All employees working from home must complete a Working from Home WPA and return this to your consultant for review. If you do not have the form please request this from your consultant.
- All new employees that are being on-boarded need to complete an Additional Health Questionnaire before arriving on site.
- Any person who has returned from overseas or a government determined 'hotspot' must not go to work and must self-isolate for 14 days and contact your consultant.
- Any person who has returned from overseas travel must not go to work and must quarantine for 14 days.
Please note that we are working closely with individual clients who have each established necessary health and safety measures according to their specific workplaces. For more information, please contact your Consultant.
We understand that this is an exceptionally difficult time and that people and entire teams have been stood down. Both the Federal and State Governments have brought in a range of initiatives to help those who may be struggling during this time. You can find out more about support initiatives for Individuals and Households and the JobKeeper program here.
To assist our clients, we have established a Response Team to implement a range of protocols to protect your business and ensure service continuity. It is essential to have this dedicated team in what is a very quickly changing situation.
Key actions we have implemented are detailed below:Read more
- Responding to government announcements regarding essential and non-essential services
- Instructing our workforce on when to not present at work
- Working with individual clients to provide client/site-specific solutions
- Introducing new on-boarding protocols
- Providing our consultants with tools to help manage queries
- Implementing a register for workers who are suspected to have, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19
- Introducing protocols for when people are allowed back to work after flu-like illnesses or exposure
Victorian Stage 4 Restrictions
Please note under stage 4 restrictions in the Melbourne Metropolitan and Mitchell Shire, only government defined essential services are allowed to open sites. Click here for more information. Companies can receive significant fines for disobeying these restrictions, and we will not be providing workers for sites not permitted to open. As the employer, we’re responsible for providing Permitted Work Permits to our on-hired workforce. If you have any questions, call your Consultant immediately.
The Federal and State Governments have brought in a range of initiatives to help businesses and employers during this time. You can find out more about these here.
We are in unchartered waters and understand that all of our clients are resourced differently. If you need support, as part of the Bayside Group we have a highly experienced Workplace Relations and HSE team available to provide assistance.Read less