Bayside Group is closely monitoring the ongoing development of the COVID-19 pandemic and offering our clients, workforce, candidates and employees as much support as possible during this challenging time.
Please be advised that we are assessing the progressing situation and adhering to government advice at a state and federal level.
Below you will find a range of information regarding the measures we are implementing during the ongoing health crisis, along with some tools and resources:
- General Preventative Tips
- Job Seeker Information
- Workforce Information
- Client Information
General Preventative Tips
Adhering to the general preventative tips outlined by the World Health Organisation will be very important for all employers and employees during this time in order to reduce risk of infection.
Please see a list of the recommended preventative measures below:Read more
- Wash hands often with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- When in the office, avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily and disinfect your workstation regularly
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention - they will tell you what to do
- Continue healthy habits - exercise, drink water, eat well, get plenty of sleep, etc
- Don't wear a face mask if you are well
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Stay 1.5m away from others
- Don’t shake hands
If you're concerned that you may be displaying symptoms that are associated with COVID-19, you can answer questions about your symptoms using this online tool to find out if you meet the Australian Government guidelines for coronavirus testing.Read less
Job Seeker Information
While there is less movement generally within the job market, there are still opportunities available for those seeking work. At this time, there are certain industries and sectors which are seeking to onboard new staff due to increasing demand of their services or products due to the coronavirus outbreak.Read more
The safety of our workforce and clients is of the utmost importance to us during this time, so we have introduced a number of protocols to manage workforce risk:
- Any person with flu-like symptoms or who has been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 must not come into work and contact us.
- Any person who wants to return to work after having flu-like symptoms, self-isolation or COVID-19 must phone their consultant for approval.
- All employees working from home must complete a Working from Home WPA and return this to your consultant for review. If you do not have the form please request this from your consultant.
- All new employees that are being on-boarded need to complete an Additional Health Questionnaire before arriving on site.
Please note that we are working closely with individual clients who have each established necessary health and saftey measures according to their specific workplaces. For more information, please contact your Consultant.
We understand that this is an exceptionally difficult time and that people and entire teams have been stood down. We have summarised Federal and State Government initiatives with key links below.Read less
To assist our clients, we have established a Response Team to implement a range of protocols to protect your business and ensure service continuity. It is essential to have this dedicated team in what is a very quickly changing situation.
Key actions we have implemented are detailed below:Read more
- Responding to government announcements regarding essential and non-essential services
- Instructing our workforce on when to not present at work
- Working with individual clients to provide client/site-specific solutions
- Introducing new on-boarding protocols
- Providing our consultants with tools to help manage queries
- Implementing a register for workers who are suspected to have, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19
- Introducing protocols for when people are allowed back to work after flu-like illnesses or exposure
We are in unchartered waters and understand that all of our clients are resourced differently. If you need support, as part of the Bayside Group we have a highly experienced Workplace Relations and HSE team available to provide assistance.Read less